The Cottage, Access Statement
The Cottage is a detached self-catering holiday cottage in North Cornwall. Located in the small hamlet of Trelash, 10 minutes drive from the North Cornwall coast.
The Cottage, has undergone a total refurbishment, completed in 2014. The Cottage is mainly of stone, cob and earth construction with some parts dating back to the late 1700s. The Cottage is a two-story building. A level private parking area, with 15mm gravel cover is located off the road at the front of the house adjacent to front and side lawns. Access to the cottage involved 6 steps of 200mm height. Alternative access is via a 200mm step to the rear garden and a further two 200mm steps to the double opening French doors over a standard door sill. Another alternative is to alight from the vehicle to the back of the property where level access is available over concrete and slate chippings.
- My website provides a comprehensive collection of images showing both inside and outside of the cottage
- Enquiries and bookings can be made by email or telephone
- A comprehensive printable, digital cottage housebook, including directions to The Cottage are provided upon receipt of the balance payment. Full address, Sat Nav details and a Google map are provided on the Location and Map page on the website.
- Your own vehicle for transport is essential
- Most well known Supermarkets include PL15 8RL in their home delivery service.
- On your arrival keys are obtainable using the secure key-safe. The code will be given on payment of the booking balance.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Private parking adjacent to The Cottage for up to three cars
- Alternative access methods are listed above.
- This area is can be lit when outside lights are switched on
Main Entrance & Reception
- There are three doors to access the cottage. From the parking area the main porch is accessed via 6 steps 200mm deep with gravel laid behind wooden fronts. Descending the same steps and walking across slate chippings approximately 15 feet to the left you reach the second door, involving a shallow step onto a slate floor and standard door sill. The third door is approached via the same main steps across slate chippings. All doors are of standard width. The main porch has a Delabole flagstone floor. The switch for the outside site is located to the left of the door.
- The laundry/utility room is accessed across a traditional slate floor from the kitchen. There is a 7 KG washing machine, a separate 7 KG condenser tumble dryer and a sink with a hot and cold water supply. The cottage thermostat can be found on the wall to the right of the door as you exit into the kitchen.
The Tank Room
- This room leads off from the laundry room. It houses the hot water tank and the heating and hot water controls for the entire cottage. Damp clothes can be hung in here on hooks behind the door. Also stored here are two buckets, dog bowls, a bucket and mop and a clothes airer.
- The kitchen/dining room is accessed from the entrance porch by means of a 3-panelled glass door. The floor comprises Delabole flagstones of varying shapes and sizes. There is a standard 200mm step up into the snug and another of the same depth leads to the staircase and sitting room. The entrance to the sitting room is non-stand width of 63 cm at its narrowest. Kitchen units are hand made solid pine units of standard height with solid oak worktops. There is a kitchen island with two zinc shelves and a one stool.
The sitting room
- This room is accessed off the kitchen (see above). The floor is covered with loop pile carpet. At one end is an inglenook fireplace with a word burning stove with a protective fire guard around it. Light switches are to the right of the exit door, to the left of the door to the snug and one on the wall to the left at the entrance from the kitchen. A lower than normal door lead off into the snug. A carbon monoxide alarm is fitted within the required range of the wood burner.
- This room is access from the kitchen and sitting room (see above). The floor has a loop pile carpet. The Wi-Fi router sits on the table. Access to both the sitting room is level through a lower than normal door. Access to the wet-room is level access, but the flooring changes from carpet to slate tiles.
- This room is accessed through a very low door from The Snug. Warning signs are prominently displayed. The flooring is of slate tiles. The WC and pedestal basin are of standard height. The shower is thermostatically controlled, with two shower heads, one fixed and one height adjustable. A stool is provided for the shower if required. There is no curtain or glass fixings to the shower space.
- The stairs are accessed from the kitchen up one 200mm step onto slate or by level access from the sitting room where the flooring changes from carpet to slate. The stair treads are 200mm depth and standard height made of solid oak. An oak hand rail of standard height is fixed to the wall on the right hand side. There are 11 stairs in total
The Upper Floor
- The upper hall is of standard width and runs along the back of the house with bedroom and shower room leading off. All floors on this level are painted and can become slippery when wet so extra should be taken, and use of the bath mats provided is strongly advised.
- On accessing the upper hall from the stairs the there is one 200mm step up on each side of the landing. The one on the left leads to the master bedroom the one of the right leads into the upper hall with access to the shower room, bedroom 2 (double bed) and bedroom 3 (twin beds)
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
- Master Bedroom is accessed off the landing (see above) under a low A-frame beam and via a lower than normal door. Warning signs are prominent. Another low A-frame beam is 4ft (1200mm) inside the door. Kingsize, wooden slat bed frame 5ft wide (1500 mm) with wooden head board and wooden foot end. Non feather king size duvet and 4 pillows provided all with protective covers. Sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases are cotton. Bed is movable if more space is required to one side
- Ensuite Bathroom This is accessed from the Master Bedroom via a standard size door. A double ended bath, WC, twin pedestal basins and large walk-in shower are provided. LED floor light follow the line of the bath. The shower is thermostatically controlled with a height adjustable shower head. The cupboard to the rear of the shower houses children’s toilet aides, nappy bin, baby monitor and general use toilet cleaner. The candles are battery operated from the rear.
- Dressing room is also used as a nursery when the use of a cot is required. It is adjacent to the master bedroom. A second cot can be provided if set up in the master bedroom. 4 hanging rails and wooden chest are provided for clothes, as well as a torch and hairdryer. A blackout blind is provided on the Velux window.
- Bedroom 2 is accessed from the upper hall via a standard size door. The bed is a standard UK double (4ft 6inches or 1350mm). Non-feather double duvet and 4 pillows are provided all with protective covers. A hanging rail and wooden chest are provided for clothes, as well as a torch and hairdryer. Window opening restrictors are in place. The key is hanging from the clothes rail.
- Bedroom 3 is accessed from the upper hall through a standard size door. Two single beds are provided, both adult size, 3ft wide. Non-feather double single and 2 pillows are provided all with protective covers on each bed. A hanging rail and wooden chest are provided for clothes, as well as a torch and hairdryer. Window opening restrictors are in place. The key is hanging from the clothes rail in bedroom 2.
- Shower Room is accessed off the upper hall through a standard size door. A WC, pedestal basin and walk-in shower are provided. LED floor light follow the line of the shower. The shower is thermostatically controlled with a height adjustable shower head. The cupboard beside the towel rail is used as a laundry store for my housekeepers and is permanently locked to restrict guest access.
- All sash windows can be opened to allow escape in the event of fire.
- Smoke alarms are fitted in the kitchen and hallway; alarm sound only, alarm procedure detailed in housebook available online prior to arrival and in print form on the snug table
Grounds and Gardens
- Rear garden is laid mainly to lawn. Access to the sewage drainage system is covered by a heavy wooden cover. Two standard depth steps lead up the garden in two places: opposite the French doors in the kitchen and opposite the laundry room.
- Garden 2 comprised a fully lawned area stretching from the car parking area, across the front of the house to the end of the village green, which forms part of the land of the The Cottage. The lawns are open to the road.
- Two outside taps and two reeled hosepipes plus an outside sink are provided for boot and dog washing.
- A charcoal BBQ is provided. Lumpwood charcoal only to be used in the BBQ . Specific BBQ tools are provided.
- Outdoor seating comprises a glass top aluminium table and 6 aluminium folding chairs plus 2 folding aluminium sun loungers.
- No Smoking within the Cottage; an ash tray is provided in the small entrance porch leading off from the sitting room.
- One or two dogs are allowed with prior consent and payment of an accommodation charge.
- A comprehensive cottage housebook is provided online and in-house, together with a tourist information pack which includes maps and brochures of attractions
- Only seasoned wood should be burned in the wood burner.
- No sanitary items or anything other than human waste and toilet paper should be flushed down the toilets or poured down the drains.
- Instructions on how to use many of the items within the cottage are made available in the guest area on the website.
- No exercise facilities are provided at The Cottage
- Cottage Address: The Cottage, Trelash, Warbstow, Launceston, Cornwall. PL15 8RL
- Telephone: 07768 002222
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.luxurycornwallholidaycottages.co.uk
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/luxurycottagescornwall
- Contact times 8 am to 10 pm
- The Cottage is available to rent all year round
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments please contact us.