One of Cornwall’s main events attracts visitors from throughout the South West and beyond. The Royal Cornwall Show, one of the UK’s largest agricultural shows, dates back to 1827 and has been held at Wadebridge in North Cornwall since 1960. Today the show attracts over 120,000 visitors over three days making it one of Cornwall’s major tourist attractions.
Traditionally held at the beginning of June, the 2013 event will take place on the 6, 7, 8 June. The Show Ground as we locals refer to it, is only a 30-minute drive from our Luxury Holiday Cottages in Cornwall. Best of all the show provides a great day’s entertainment for all the family from only £38.50 for 2 adults and 2 children over 4 years (car parking and children under 4 are free).
One of the biggest draws for visitors to the show is the entertainment and this year it is reported this will be happening on a grand scale.
- The Princess Royal will be visiting the show on the first day.
- The fabulous RAF Falcons parachute display team will be putting on a daily show.
- Events in the arena will include: Show jumping, the fast and furious inter-hunt relay, grand parades of cattle, sheep, goats and horses, dog shows and the massed hounds of local hunts.
- Some of the best cattle, sheep, horses and dogs in the West Country will be judged, and rosettes presented to the lucky winners.
- Gulliver’s Carnival a brand new show from the Stampede Stunt Company, will be putting on a circus themed show in the main arena of fast paced, all action trick riding, watched over by a stilt-walking ringmaster.
- The Kangaroos Kids; Australian Matt Coulter and his son Sam will be entertaining us with quad bikes that defy the laws of gravity.
- On Friday and Saturday the Central Band of the RAF will be marching and playing to entertain the crowds.
- Retail therapy will be provided by over 1,000 quality trade stands.
- The Flower tent hosts one of the country’s top regional flower shows. It is an absolute must for anyone interested in flowers and gardening.
- Two music stages and the Cornwall Festival of Dance will be a great attraction for the younger generation.
- You can see blacksmiths hammering in competition, view the expertise of the arts and crafts exhibits and enjoy the sights and sounds of the steam and vintage fair.
- In fact there are too many attractions at list, but a great fun element will be Titan the Robot who will be strutting and singing his songs on all three days of the show. Part of his routine will be to chat to his very surprised audience.
For more information on the availability of our holiday cottages visit our Luxury Holiday Cottages pages. For more prices and opening times of the Show visit http://royalcornwallshow.org/index.php/tickets-a-show-dates