Sars-CoV-2 / COVID-19 / Coronavirus
No matter which name we use to describe the current flu pandemic, this virus is deadly serious. We all desperately need a holiday after months of lockdown, but we must ALL consider others as the virus is definitely still among us. My own health and that of guests are put at risk if I do not take appropriate measures to protect us during these unprecedented times
You will therefore understand why I am extremely cautious on moving forwards with renting my beloved cottage in North Cornwall.
The facts speak for themselves.
- The virus is easily spread, even by those who are symptomless and unaware they carry the virus
- This virus can be fatal for some and leave survivors with life changing adverse health issues.
- A scientific study published in the New England Journal of Medicine (March 2020) found the virus can survive in droplets up to 3-hours after being expelled into the air and remain airborne for several hours
- Microbiologists in Beijing, China, (May 2020) found that Sars-CoV-2 could survive and remain infectious on smooth surfaces including plastic, stainless steel, glass, ceramics and latex gloves for up to 7-days. On cotton clothing up to 4-days and paper surfaces up to 5-days.
PEACE OF MIND FOR GUESTS
Most new health and safety protocols will take place in the background. However, please rest assured that providing a safe environment for your well-deserved holiday and my health and safety is at the forefront of everything I am putting in place.
- No more back-back rentals. This will help minimise the likelihood of contamination by allowing more time for cleaning and disinfection between rentals.
- Resting Period: There will be a resting period between each rental to allow time for the virus to dissipate, minimising any risk to myself and future guests.
- TRAVEL Insurance. On booking your holiday you must have your own travel insurance policy in place to cover all eventualities leading to a cancellation. Cancellations are strictly adhered to according to The Cottage Terms and Conditions which are agreed at the time of booking. I am not allowed to recommend a policy but to help you select an appropriate policy try here: Which?
- Before departing from your home: Please check that all persons in your group are well before leaving home. No one should be self-isolating at The Cottage. If you are at all worried please get in touch with me beforehand and I will try to help by moving your holiday dates.
- Symptoms arising during your stay: If anyone becomes unwell during your stay, please book a test close to your home, inform me and leave The Cottage immediately.
I have kept tweaks and changes as minimal as possible, but there are a few with which your help is requested.
- Key-Safe Entry To comply with social distancing check-in and check-out will be by use of a key-safe facility.
- Hygiene. On first entering The Cottage and after days out, please wash your hands immediately for at least 20 seconds before touching any other surfaces/objects.
- Hygiene. Please regularly clean any hard surfaces you touch using the cleaning and disinfecting products provided. Please only touch those items you are going to use.
- Prior to departure, please place all BEDDING (ie Duvet cover, sheet and pillowcases) in the blue ‘Ikea’ bag left for your use. Please place ALL TOWELS, (ie bathroom, kitchen, including tea towel, utility and wetroom), even it not used, into the blue ‘Ikea’ bags left for your use use in the dressing room.
- Please remove all rubbish from the cottage prior to departure by placing rubbish bags to the rear of The Cottage on Thursday evening and taking any remaining waste/rubbish home with you, thus minimising any risk to my health. A fee of £30 will be deducted from your CDD if any rubbish/waste is left at The Cottage.
- Holiday home owners are advised not to leave a welcome hamper / food items for incoming guests. Therefore, please remember to bring your own supplies required during your stay.
- We are advised to remove any non-essential soft furnishing items such as bedspreads, decorative cushions, throws etc. However, because I am enforcing a resting interval between bookings, according to the science, there should be no risk of contamination after 4-days. Should you feel uncomfortable with this, please let me know as soon as possible so that I can remove them prior to your arrival.
I trust you will support me in my efforts and rely on you to act responsibly during your stay at The Cottage.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
The Cottage Owner