COVID-19 / Coronavirus
No matter which name we use to describe the current pandemic this virus (or variant of) is deadly serious. We all desperately need a holiday, but we must ALL consider others as the virus is definitely still among us with the new Omicron variant more easily spread. My own health and that of guests are put at risk if I do not take appropriate measures to protect us during these unprecedented times
You will therefore understand why I am extremely cautious on moving forwards with renting my beloved cottage in North Cornwall.
The facts speak for themselves.
- The virus is easily spread, even by those who are symptomless and unaware they are carrying and spreading the virus.
- This virus can be fatal for some and leave survivors with life changing adverse health issues.
PEACE OF MIND FOR GUESTS
Most new health and safety protocols will take place in the background. However, please rest assured that providing a safe environment for your well-deserved holiday and my health and safety is at the forefront of everything I am putting in place.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE. I cannot stress strongly enough how important it is for you to purchase a travel insurance policy to cover events leading to cancellations, including Covid-19 (or variant of) before booking your holiday. Bookings that cannot legally go ahead due to Covid-19 (or variant of) Government imposed movement restrictions (lockdowns) will be given the opportunity to rebook a holiday in the future for dates within the same price band, or within a different price band with a recalculation and payment/refund of applicable costs. Cancellations due to Government lockdowns or guidance including Tiers, will be checked against the home address provided at the time of booking.
Other events leading to cancellation, including you (or a member of your party) falling ill with Covid-19 or because you (or a member of your party) are required to quarantine or self-isolate, making travel to The Cottage impossible, can now be covered by travel insurance policies thus mitigating your losses. Such policies are available, for instance, via comparison websites. I am not permitted to recommend, sell, promote, endorse, nor benefit financially from, or have any formal relationship with, any particular policy or providers. I can only inform you that providers such as Coverwise, Allianz, Trailfinders (among others) were providing Covid-19 cancellation cover as of 1st February 2021. You may also find it useful to research policies here: Which? Whichever policy you choose, it is your responsibility to check its terms provide appropriate cover.
- Before departing from your home: Please check that all persons in your group are well before leaving home and have a recent negative Covid-19 test result. No one should be self-isolating at The Cottage. With appropriate travel insurance in place, any losses should be covered by your travel insurance company.
- Symptoms arising during your stay: If anyone becomes unwell during your stay, please book a test close to your home, inform The Owner and leave The Property (The Cottage) immediately.
I have kept tweaks and changes as minimal as possible, but there are a few with which your help is requested.
- Key-Safe Entry To comply with social distancing check-in and check-out will be by use of a key-safe facility only.
- Hygiene. On first entering The Cottage and after days out, please wash your hands immediately for at least 20 seconds before touching any other surfaces/objects.
- Hygiene. Please regularly clean any hard surfaces you touch using the cleaning and disinfecting products provided. Please only touch those items you are going to use.
- PRIOR TO DEPARTURE please remove all BEDDING (ie Duvet cover, sheet and pillowcases) and leave in the laundry room. Please also place ALL TOWELS, (ie bathroom, kitchen, including tea towel, utility and wet-room towels), even it not used, in the laundry room. This minimises the risk to my housekeeper.
- PLEASE REMOVE ALL RUBBISH from the cottage prior to departure by placing rubbish bags to the rear of The Cottage on Thursday evening and taking any remaining waste/rubbish home with you, thus minimising any risk to my housekeeper’s health. A fee of £30 will be deducted from your CDD if any rubbish/waste is left at The Cottage.
- Holiday home owners are advised not to leave a welcome hamper / food items for incoming guests. Therefore, please remember to bring your own supplies required during your stay.
- If you require us to remove any non-essential soft furnishing items such as bedspreads, decorative cushions, throws etc. please advise us at least 48hours in advance of arrival.
I trust you will support me in my efforts and rely on you to act responsibly during your stay at The Cottage.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
The Cottage Owner