Sars-CoV-2 / COVID-19 / Coronavirus
No matter which name we use to describe the current flu pandemic, this virus is deadly serious. We all desperately need a holiday after months of lockdown, but we must ALL consider others as the virus is definitely still among us. My own health and that of guests are put at risk if I do not take appropriate measures to protect us during these unprecedented times
You will therefore understand why I am extremely cautious on moving forwards with renting my beloved cottage in North Cornwall.
The facts speak for themselves.
- The virus is easily spread, even by those who are symptomless and unaware they carry the virus
- This virus can be fatal for some.
- A scientific study published in the New England Journal of Medicine (March 2020) found the virus can survive in droplets up to 3-hours after being expelled into the air and remain airborne for several hours
- Microbiologists in Beijing, China, (May 2020) found that Sars-CoV-2 could survive and remain infectious on smooth surfaces including plastic, stainless steel, glass, ceramics and latex gloves for up to 7-days. On cotton clothing up to 4-days and paper surfaces up to 5-days.
Peace of Mind: I am thrilled to be opening up The Cottage after many months of lock-down and I hope you are excited having booked your holiday in North Cornwall. Most new health and safety protocols will take place in the background. However, please rest assured that providing a safe environment for your well-deserved holiday and my health and safety is at the forefront of everything I am putting in place.
PEACE OF MIND FOR GUESTS
- No more back-back rentals. This will help minimise the likelihood of contamination by allowing more time for cleaning and disinfection between rentals.
- Resting Period: There will be a 7-day resting period between each rental to allow time for the virus to dissipate, minimising any risk to myself and future guests.
- TRAVEL Insurance. On booking your holiday you must have your own travel insurance policy in place to cover all eventualities leading to a cancellation. Cancellations are strictly adhered to according to The Cottage Terms and Conditions which are agreed at the time of booking.
- Before departing from your home: Please check that all persons in your group are well before leaving home. No one should be self-isolating at The Cottage. If you are at all worried please get in touch with me beforehand and I will try to help by moving your holiday dates.
- Symptoms arising during your stay: If anyone becomes unwell during your stay, please book a test close to your home, inform me and leave The Cottage immediately.
I have kept tweaks and changes as minimal as possible, but there are a few with which your help is requested.
- Key-Safe Entry To comply with social distancing check-in and check-out will be by use of a key-safe facility.
- Hygiene. On first entering The Cottage and after days out, please wash your hands immediately for at least 20 seconds before touching any other surfaces/objects. Hand wash and hand sanitiser is provided for your use.
- Hygiene. Please regularly clean any hard surfaces you touch using the cleaning and disinfecting products provided.
- Prior to departure, please place all BEDDING (ie Duvet cover, sheet and pillowcases) in the blue ‘Ikea’ bag left for your use. Please place ALL TOWELS, (ie bathroom, kitchen, including tea towel, utility and wetroom), even it not used, into the blue ‘Ikea’ bag left for your use.
- Please remove all rubbish from the cottage prior to departure by placing rubbish bags to the rear of The Cottage on Thursday evening and taking any remaining waste/rubbish home with you, thus minimising any risk to my health. A fee of £30 will be deducted from your CDD if any rubbish/waste is left at The Cottage.
Changes in Facilities
- Holiday home owners are advised not to leave a welcome hamper / food items for incoming guests. Therefore, please remember to bring your own supplies required during your stay.
- We are advised to remove any non-essential soft furnishing items such as bedspreads, decorative cushions, throws etc. However, because I am enforcing a 7-night interval between bookings, according to the science, there should no risk of contamination after 4-days. Should you feel uncomfortable with these items remaining in situ, please let me know as soon as possible so that I can remove them prior to your arrival.